I’m excited to announce the launch of Switched On Leadership magazine. Available for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, the aim of the magazine is to provide you with the most up-to-date and relevant information to help stay ahead in a rapidly transforming and competitive world. When you consider that the rate of change is doubling every 6 to 12 months, it’s fair to say that the impact on business will continue to be significant. Check out these statistics:
- Over 40% of the companies that were at the top of the Fortune 500 in 2000 were no longer there in 2010 – Brian Solis’ Future of Business
- The percentage of companies new to Fortune 1000 has grown, over the last 4 decades, from 35% (1973-1983) to 45% (1984-1993) to 60% (1994-2003) to over 70% (2004-2013) – Brain Solis’ Future of Business
- Newspapers have lost $40 billion in advertising revenue since 2000 – Newspaper Association of America
- The number of pieces of mail delivered by the US postal service dropped from 250 million in 2006 to 50 million in 2012 – USPS
- In January to June 2013, global demand for smartphones rose by 66% compared with the same period last year. Meanwhile the market for conventional phones declined by 25% – GfK Roper WW, 2013
In an environment of accelerated change, our only sustainable competitive advantage may be our ability to learn and translate that learning into action. The principle of continuous learning and improvement has never been more important than today. At Switched On Leadership we focus on providing the skills, mindset and strategies necessary to thrive as ground-breaking innovators and agents of change. Leaders have the power to shape the future. Every issue of the magazine will showcase the thoughts, wisdom and insights of a variety of switched-on leaders. And so, I invite you to join me on a quest for the word’s best strategies and insights for business and leadership success.