Everything we’ve previously been taught about negotiation is wrong: you are not rational; there is no such thing as ‘fair’; compromise is the worst thing you can do; the real art of negotiation lies in mastering the intricacies of No, not Yes. These surprising tactics—which radically diverge from conventional negotiating strategy—weren’t cooked up in a classroom, but are the field-tested tools FBI agents used to talk criminals and hostage-takers around the world into (or out of) just about any scenario you can imagine.
In this issue we catch up with former FBI hostage negotiator, Chris Voss to find out what really works. Chris shares his counter-intuitive, yet profound strategies, that anyone can use in the workplace, business or at home.
Here’s what you’ll find in this month’s issue of Switched On Leadership magazine:
- Negotiation Techniques That Get You What You Want – Interview with Chris Voss (former FBI hostage negotiator)
- 5 Mistakes You Make With Your Boss Every Day – Rebel Brown
- Three Lessons From Brexit For Business Leaders – INSEAD Knowledge
- Leading With Less – Chris R. Stricklin
- CAUTION: The Deadliest First Sentence of a Presentation! (So Why Is Everyone Using It?) – Bill McGowan
- How Can You Explode Debilitating Beliefs That Create a False and Undesirable Workplace Reality – Susan Fowler
- Leadership Hacks with Christele Canard
Get a 7-day FREE trial when you subscribe. Cancel any time.